Workplace Health & Safety
Bear is committed to the implementation and maintenance of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System for all projects undertaken by the company.
This system is designed to comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Safety Management System Guidelines, with Australian Building Codes and with Bear’s own quality safety and environmental management systems.
Bear also undertakes a pre-tender award interview with all prospective subcontractors to ensure that they meet Bear’s stringent OHS requirements and have industry best practice Safe Work Method Statements.
Bear holds company, site and task specific inductions and site visitation programs to ensure that there is 100 per cent compliance.
Bear is 100% committed to the safety of their staff and achieving zero harm in safety and these high safety standards will not be compromised. These objectives include:
- A project specific site safety plan is prepared, implemented and communicated to all personnel who will be working on site
- All personnel engaged on the project, including subcontractors, are appropriately inducted and trained in occupational health and safety, as required by the client and our company
- All personnel to be responsible for the safety of the workplace and their fellow workers
Regular checks are performed of on-site work practices
- All plant and equipment is in good working order, and that operators are trained and/or qualified in the operation of the equipment
- All personnel have been trained for their specific job
- Incidents, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and accidents are promptly reported and investigated
- Correct preventative measures are implemented in the event of an accident
- Potential risks/hazards are identified, documented and controlled through communication between Bear, the client and site personnel.
Bear is committed to the implementation, execution and continual improvement of an integrated quality, safety and environmental management system.
We have a broad base of skills and are capable of undertaking industrial, commercial, retail and institutional interior fit outs, civil and refurbishment projects (including design and construction).
The management of Bear is committed to the delivery of projects in compliance with specified quality requirements. Bear’s objective is to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality of work at competitive costs and delivered within specified timeframes.
This includes ensuring that personnel are suitably trained and that they adopt construction methods and practices that comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, including the needs and expectations of communities.
Bear will achieve its goals through:
- Involvement of all employees, customers and suppliers
- Clear policy guidelines
- Clear responsibility guidelines
- Superior workforce
- Strong leadership
- Adequate resources.
The management of Bear actively encourage all staff, suppliers and subcontractors to observe our Quality Safety and Environmental Management System and contribute to its ongoing improvement.